Voice of the Catholic Dutch Migrant Association
NEW Concordia Newcastle
Plus all 2021 Newsletters
Some important facts that are not always true.
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there's a 50% chance you'll die within the next 3 years. Joop please get out of your chair right now!!
3. There are at least 6 people in the world who look exactly like you. there's a 9% chance that you'll meet one of them in your lifetime.
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your spine
5. A person’s height is determined by their father, and their weight is determined by their mother.
6. If a part of your body "falls asleep", You can almost always "wake it up" by shaking your head.
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing - food, attractive people and danger.
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side.
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odor.
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear from earth, humans would be dead within 4 years.
11. There are so many kinds of apples, that if you ate a new one every day, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
15. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia.
16. Our brain uses the same amount of power as a 10 watt light bulb!!
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 minutes to boil 1.5 liters of water!!
18. The Ovum egg is the largest cell and the sperm is the smallest cell!!
19. Stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!
There are more of the above by reading the attached newsletter
Official Bi-monthly newsletter of the VOC Historical Society Incorporated, Perth, Western Australia. Affiliate Member of the Royal Western Australian Historical Society (Inc).
Dear Members, Friends and Supporters of the VOCHS Late again. New computers. Lots of downloading. Retrieving email address, and a ton of other painful applications...phew!
Hopefully you will enjoy.
Secretary and Editor for the VOCHS
DUTCH MASTERS OF ‘TOLERANCE’ AND ‘TRADE’
By well known Member, Writer and Supporter of the VOCHS:
Monica de Knecht
An Admiralty for Asia:
Business Organization and the Evolution of
Corporate Governance in the Dutch Republic, 1590–1640
Oscar Gelderblom, Abe de Jong and Joost Jonker
The first Dutch circumnavigation of the world: an illustrated account of exploration, mutiny and on-board disease
NOOT, Olivier van.
A TRANSLATION OF THE CHARTER OF THE DUTCH EAST INDIA COMPANY
THE SLAVE WHO BECAME A DUTCH REFORMED MINISTER.
BY MONICA de KNECHT
Bi Monthly Newsletters for 2021
augustus en september 2021
februari, maart, april, mei, juni, juli, augustus, september, oktober, november 2021
Weekly News letter - updated; 25th of September 2021.
A weekly newsletter from the President of the Dutch Club Neerlandia
Dear Members & Friends of the Dutch Club Neerlandia/Sydney.
Please see attached Documents for the latest newsletter.
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August 2021 newsletter available.
Plus membership application form